Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Chloe Kay Daniels

Chloe Kay Daniels
7lbs 9oz
19.5 in long
Born 8-23-2019

Birth Story with Photos (It's long, be prepared if you're wanting to read this)

Thursday August 22nd, 2019
Went in to my 38 week appointment feeling so ready to have a baby. Not really thinking she would come, but more wanting to have a baby. My feet were swollen, my groin hurt, and I was waddling to the point people could actually notice. Dr. Blackett's nurse informed me I tested positive for Step-B :/ I started looking up on google everything about it while waiting for Dr. Blackett to come, making me nervous. She came in and told me not to worry that it was pretty common and we would be fine.
She checked me and said I had progressed, that she had moved farther down the canal and I was at a 3+. She ended up stripping my membranes, and she said if this works its going to work in the next couple hours.  Because I had tested positive for Strep B she didn't want me to labor at home and come in as soon as I started having consistent contractions. She wanted at least 3 hours of penicillin in my IV before baby came. She also said she would keep me at any point now if I came in.

Took Adi to her appointment next door, didn't feel much changes, then we walked around walmart for an hour, I didn't really have contractions just a sharp shoot pain every now and then in my leg that would cause me to flinch and people would look at me funny. After that I had a dermatology app and went back to walmart for cold groceries. I then headed home and that was when I started having consistent contractions-which to me were more like braxton hicks just hard pressure around my belly.  Koop called and said okay drop Adi off and we will go back, but I kept telling him they weren't enough yet. I got home, put groceries away and took a nap with Brantley.  After the nap I needed to get some shirts and work done. I had Justice come over and help me get some shirts pressed and I'm glad I did because there is no way I would of been able to handle doing it. Throughout the night I kept having contractions and these ones were real contractions. I tried to hide them from Koop because every time he is like we need to go, but I really wasn't ready.


Friday August 23rd, 2019
I crawled into bed around 1:30 after getting things done and all organized. Good thing I spent extra time because around 4 I started getting some real contractions again, I kept waking up every time I would get them but I would fall back to sleep before noticing how close they were. Around 5 I woke Kooper up and said I was getting them and he helped pay attention to the time. They were about 10 minutes, so he got up and got in the shower and then I did and we packed out stuff and headed out. Kenzie H came and stayed at the house while the kids slept.
 Koop was worried we weren't going to be there soon enough.. I kept yelling at him to slow down.

We got to the hospital around 7 and they hooked me up and checked me. I was a 4 at that point. They started my penicillin and we hung out. My contractions slowed way way down and we waited and waited. Dr. Blackett was supposed to come in around 11 and break my water but she ended up having to go do a C-Section and so she didn't want to miss me,  she said her and the Anesthesiologist would come back after it was over and we would get started.  Dr. Blackett finally made it back to our room around 2pm, she checked me and I progressed to a 5(which I was surprised because I didn't feel a lot of contractions) she then broke my water and said see ya in a couple hours. The Anesthesiologist came in and gave me my epidural it was a nice little sting but I was glad to get it early enough. I feel like they work on me but not completely, like it takes away the pain but not the feeling, if that makes any sense. For about 45 minutes I still wasn't doing much and the nurse came in and gave me some pitocin to help my contractions get going. Shortly after that I was telling Kooper how my contractions felt stronger than the monitor was picking up. My nurse came in and decided to check me, she said you may be farther than I think so I thought I better come see how far you are. Sure enough I was at a 8+ my nurse headed off to get all the supplies needed. We had a photographer coming and she said it only took 3 minutes to get here, we debated waiting a little to tell her but decided to message her and let her know. She left the room and I kept telling him I needed to poop now. She got back in and I said I either need to poop now or this baby is coming. She said oh it's definitely the baby and that's a good thing! Emily(photographer) got there just as Dr. Blackett got there and we put my feet in the stirrups and she said alright next time you feel a contraction we can push. I felt a contraction and we did 3-10 second pushes and she said I just need to turn the baby a little bit, let's push one more time. Granted the 2nd and 3rd one I could feel her almost circling what felt like the cervix for the head to come out. I pushed one more and as she turned the baby I remember a little bit of pain and flinched to the right. I said ooh that kind of hurt and they said well you did good, she is here! I was like what! She's out already, are you serious! It took less than 3 minutes of pushing and out she came!


Dad was a champ! He cut the cord and was the best supporter there!






They put her up on my chest and we cleaned her off and looked at our sweet baby. Dr. Blackett started playing with her foot and said it looks like she may have a club foot, at first I thought it was broken. She said we will have to get that checked but other than that she is perfectly healthy!

Saturday August 24, 2019
Koop had to drive bus for the soccer team and he left around 10 and I had the hospital room to myself. It was just Chloe and I with the exception Teresa, Krichele and the girls(my second kids :) ) stopped for a visit. It was so quiet and felt kind of nice. I didn't have to worry about the older kids, I didn't have to cook, clean, get drinks or anything. Kooper got home and headed over with the kids to bring us home. Emily(our photographer) came back one more time to take some family photos. Brantley was a little pill, but she still managed to get some precious photos that I'm super grateful for!!

We headed home around 7 and were excited to be in the comforts of home! That night just as we got in bed around 11, Chloe decided she didn't want to go to bed. We tried and tried to please her and finally around 3am just took her diaper off for 10 minutes. It must of been rubbing wrong and she had to poop, because she pooped while it was off and after that she went right back to sleep till 9:30!

A little about Chloe
*She has more hair than both kids combined and its dark like her momma! (hopefully it will stay)
*She has her daddy's ears (nice little spock ears, that mom keeps pushing out)
*She has dark pink skin
*She has long skinny fingers and toes and anytime her hands are uncovered she scratches her face.
*Her left foot is clubbed (dorsiflexed.) Meaning her foot stays up close to her shin.
*She sleeps really well and nurses pretty good. (can't keep up with moms milk though)




Read About Brantley's Birth Story HERE
Read About Adilee's Birth Story HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think of this post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...